A brand new year is just about here and many people will be making New Year resolutions for the upcoming year; resolutions that may very well result in a new, improved behavior. Some see their resolutions through but many, while always made with good intentions, fall by the way side within a few months. As they say, “If at first you don’t succeed, try try again!” There’s always next year for a do over!
People are celebrating the arrival of a new year smarter every year than the year before. Gone are the days when people would get plastered then drive a car. We’re all very aware of the devastating effects that can have on lives, both our own and those of others.
Here are some basic common sense things to keep in mind for your New Year’s Eve celebrating in Sunset Beach NC this year as well as some just plain good ideas.
1. A celebration does not have to include alcohol. Try having fun without it for a refreshing change.
2. When celebrations do include alcohol, do not drive a vehicle of any sort. If you don’t have a sober designated driver, call a cab, plan to walk, or party hardy at home.
3. If you want to party to excess we suggest either staying home or securing one of the available rentals in Sunset Beach.
4. Invite family and friends over for a New Year’s Eve dinner and make it all by candle light.
5. Start a new family tradition and go to beach to watch firework displays.
6. Make a difference and attend the 2nd Annual Save the Night, a Black Tie Masquerade Fundraiser held from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. on New Year’s Eve at The Upper Room in Downtown Wilmington.
7. Come join the New Year’s Eve celebration aboard the Henrietta III. Boarding from Cape Fear Riverboats at 8:00 p.m. and cruising from 9:30 p.m. to shortly after midnight. The party continues until 1:30 a.m. Featuring a sumptuous buffet of heavy hors d’ oeuvres, entertainment, party favors, and a champagne toast at midnight.
8. Enjoy New Year’s Eve at the theatre. Two shows of A Night at the Moulin Rouge II will take place at 6 and 9:30 p.m. on December 31 at TheatreNow in Wilmington. Tickets are on sale now for this truly cabaret experience. There will be a 6-course French meal tasting, champagne toast, party favors and the show. Price is $80 each or $150 couple.
If you need a place to stay and want to talk to us about what we have available over the holiday, please call us toll free at 1-866-931-5201. We’d love to set you up with inexpensive accommodations.
All of us at Sloane Vacations would like to wish all of you a very happy and prosperous coming new year!