Vacation Rental Agreement
THIS IS A VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT UNDER THE NORTH CAROLINA VACATION RENTAL ACT (N.C.G.S 42A). THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE DEFINED BY LAW AND INCLUDE UNIQUE PROVISIONS PERMITTING THE DISBURSEMENT OF RENT PRIOR TO TENANCY AND EXPEDITED EVICTION OF TENANTS. LEASEHOLDER'S SIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENT, OR PAYMENT OF MONEY OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE AGREEMENT, IS EVIDENCE OF THE LEASHOLDER'S ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT AND INTENT TO USE THIS PROPERTY FOR A VACATION RENTAL.
- Disbursement of Rent and Third Party Fees: Leaseholder authorizes agent to disburse up to fifty percent (50%) of the rent set forth in this agreement to the owner (or as the owner directs) prior to Leaseholder's occupancy of the premises. The balance of the rent shall be disbursed to owner upon the commencement of the tenancy or upon a material breach of this agreement by Leaseholder, or as otherwise permitted under the Vacation Rental Act. Leaseholder agrees to pay a $25.00 processing fee for any check presented by Leaseholder that may be returned by the financial institution due to insufficient funds or because Leaseholder did not have an account at the financial institution. Leaseholder also authorizes agent to disburse prior to Leaseholder's occupancy of the premises any fees owed to third parties to pay for any goods, services, or benefits procured by agent for the benefit of Leaseholder, including but not limited to any fees set forth herein payable to agent for reservation, transfer or cancellation of Leaseholder's tenancy. Agent may receive fees or commission on services offered or performed by third parties, including but not limited to Travel Insurance or Accidental Protection Plan (APP).
- Trust Account: Any advance payment made by Leaseholder shall be deposited in a trust account with CresCom Bank located at Sunset Beach, NC. Leaseholder agrees that any advance payment may be deposited in an interest-bearing trust account and that any interest thereon shall accrue for the benefit of, and shall be paid to Sloane Realty as it accrues and as often as is permitted by the terms of the account.
- Leaseholder Use and Duties:
- Ocean Isle Beach and Sunset Beach are family-oriented beaches. Agent is authorized, through contract with the Property Owner, to rent only to family groups. A family group is defined as immediate and extended family (parents, children, and grandparents). No fraternities, sororities, school, civic or other non-family groups are permitted. In the event that we determine that you are not a family group you will be in material breach of your lease. You will be denied access to the property and /or subject to expedited eviction. All rents and fees paid to Sloane Realty Vacations will be forfeited. The Leaseholder (person whose name and signature is on this Agreement) must be at least 25 years of age to rent a property with Sloane Realty Vacations. The Leaseholder must reside in the leased property for the duration of the tenancy. The Leaseholder will be financially responsible for any and all damage to the property during the tenancy and must, therefore, have a valid credit card on file in the Leaseholder's name. A copy of a valid driver's license may be required upon arrival, before occupancy is permitted. Sloane Realty Vacations has the right to require the Leaseholder to check-in at our office during office hours before access to the property is granted. Occupancy shall not exceed the maximum number allowable on the first of page this agreement for the property rented.
- The use of the premises is restricted to use by Leaseholder and Leaseholder's family, unless both parties agree in writing to occupancy by a non-family group or for a special event. Any event that takes places at the property address which exceeds the maximum occupancy that the home sleeps at any time during the leased period is considered an event. All events are subject to Agent and Homeowner approval. All special events require a mandatory security deposit and event fee which will be added to the cost of each reservation. A Special Events Request Form and Lease Addendum must be signed by the Leaseholder prior to occupancy for an event to take place at the leased premises. Agent considers Leaseholder hosting a special event without agent's prior consent or knowledge a material breach of this agreement. In that instance, immediate eviction could result as well as a penalty equal to the special event fee in liquidated damages. The Leaseholder shall contact the agent directly for more information. A separate agreement is required for special events. Not all properties allow special events.
- Leaseholder agrees to comply with all obligations imposed by the Vacation Rental Act on Leaseholder with respect to maintenance of the premises, including but not limited to keeping the premises as clean and safe as the conditions of the premises permit and causing no unsafe or unsanitary conditions in the common areas and remainder of the premises that Leaseholder uses; and notifying agent in writing of the need of replacement of or repairs to smoke detector, and replacing the batteries in the smoke detector as needed during the tenancy. Leaseholder agrees not to use the premises for any activity or purpose that violates any criminal law or governmental regulation. Leaseholder's breach of any duty contained in these paragraphs shall be considered material, and shall result in the termination of Leaseholder's tenancy with no refund of rent.
- Guest Damage: Sloane Realty Vacations does not require a separate security deposit; Leaseholders are protected under the Accidental Protection Plan (APP). Under the APP, the Leaseholder may not be required to pay for accidental damage to the home or the personal property of the owner contained within the premises, up to a limit of $1,500 per reservation. Sloane Realty Vacations has undertaken this obligation as part of our Property Management Agreement with the homeowner. To be eligible, the Leaseholder must report any damage to Sloane Realty Vacations within 24 hours. Unreported damages, non-accidental damages, excluded damages or damages exceeding $1500 will be the sole responsibility of the Leaseholder. The APP does not in any way negate your responsibility as Leaseholder. The cost of repairs attributable to the Leaseholder or Leaseholder's invitees due to intentional acts, willful misconduct, gross negligence, abuse of the property, violation of the lease terms, or pets will not be paid under the APP and remain the responsibility of the Leaseholder. The applicability of the APP to damaged property, any determination of the extent of damage and any determination of the cost of repairs to damaged property shall be the sole and absolute discretion of Sloane Realty Vacations. The Leaseholder remains subject to all obligations imposed by the North Carolina Vacation Rental Act. The credit card on file for the Leaseholder may be charged without notice to cover any intentional or egregious damages discovered during or after the tenancy.
- Agent Disclosure: Sloane Realty Vacations is contracted with the homeowner of this property to represent them in the rental management of their property. As such, Agent represents the Homeowner in this transaction. Agent shall conduct all brokerage activities in regard to this agreement without respect to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, handicap or familial status of any Leaseholder.
- Cancellation: In the event of a cancellation by Leaseholder, Leaseholder shall receive a refund of all payments made by Leaseholder, less a cancellation fee of $150 and paid travel insurance (if applicable) if the premise is re-rented on the terms set forth herein. If the premises are not re-rented on the terms set forth herein, Leaseholder will NOT be entitled to a refund of any rent payment made hereunder. In the event, agent may, in its sole and absolute discretion, reduce the rental amount without notice. In this case, the guest cancelling their reservation is financially responsible for this reduction and their refund will be reduced by the effect of such reduction. Whether or not the premises are re-rented, Leaseholder, rather than agent, shall be responsible for seeking reimbursement of any fees paid by Leaseholder to agent for goods, services, or benefits procured by agent from third parties for the benefit of Leaseholder that may have been paid out prior to Leaseholder's cancellation. In the event of cancellation, any fee charged by a third party online booking service cannot be refunded to Leaseholder by Manager.
- Transfer (ie: Sale) of Premises: In the event that the ownership of the premises is voluntarily transferred prior to your occupancy, the Leaseholder has the right to enforce this agreement against the new owner of the premises if Leaseholder's occupancy under this agreement is to end 180 days or less after the transfer of ownership is reported. If your occupancy is to end more than 180 days after such recordation, the Leaseholder has no right to enforce the terms of this agreement unless the new owner agrees in writing to honor this agreement. If the new owner does not honor this agreement, you are entitled to a refund of all advance rent paid (and other fees owed to third parties not already lawfully disbursed). If your rights are otherwise affected under the Vacation Rental Act, agent agrees to notify Leaseholder accordingly and conduct itself in accordance with the terms and conditions as set forth in the Act.
- Travel Insurance and Mandatory Evacuation:
- The Leaseholder may elect to purchase the Trip PreserverTM Travel Plan, a travel insurance plan offered through Red Sky Travel Insurance. This plan includes coverage for trip cancellation, trip interruption and travel delay, emergency medical expenses, baggage delay and loss, rental car damage, as well as access to emergency assistance service. Insurance coverage is subject to limitations, exclusions, terms and conditions. A complete description of coverage/insurance policy can be found at http://trippreserver.com. The cost for this plan has been added to the Leaseholder's initial payment. If the Leaseholder wishes to purchase this plan, you must check in the designated area on the first page of this agreement which states that travel insurance is desired. This agreement is not intended to serve as a substitute for the policy or to define any of the policy terms or provisions. All questions concerning coverage or claims should be directed to Red Sky Travel Insurance at 1-866-889-7409.
- If state or local authorities order a mandatory evacuation of an area that includes the premises, Leaseholder shall comply with the order. Upon compliance, Leaseholder will be entitled to a refund of the prorated rent for each night that Leaseholder is unable to occupy the premises because of the order. However, Leaseholder will NOT be entitled to a refund if, prior to your vacation: (i) Leaseholder refused insurance offered by agent that would have compensated Leaseholder for losses or damages resulting from loss of use of the premises due to a mandatory evacuation order, or (ii) such insurance was not offered by agent. Additionally, insurance must be purchased prior to a storm being named in order to be eligible for coverage for hurricane related issues such as mandatory evacuation. TRAVEL INSURANCE IS NON-REFUNABLE AFTER 10 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF PAYMENT AND/OR BOOKING AND IS NON-TRANSFERABLE.
- Expedited Eviction: If the tenancy created hereunder is for 30 days or less, the expedited eviction procedures set forth in the Vacation Rental Act will apply. Leaseholder may be evicted under such procedures if Leaseholder: i. holds over in possession after Leaseholder's tenancy has expired; ii. commits a material breach of any provision of this agreement (including any addendum hereto) that according to its terms would result in the termination of Leaseholder's tenancy; iii. fails to pay rent as required by this agreement; or iv. has obtained possession of the premises by fraud or misrepresentation.
- Indemnification and Hold Harmless, Right of Entry, Assignment: Leaseholder agrees to indemnify and hold harmless agent and the owner from and against any liability for personal injury or property damage sustained by any person (including Leaseholder's guests) as a result of any cause, unless caused by the negligent or willful act of agent or the owner, or the failure of agent or the owner to comply with the Vacation Rental Act. Leaseholder agrees that agent, the owner or their respective representatives may enter the premises during reasonable hours to inspect the premises, to make such repairs, alterations or improvements thereto as agent or owner may deem appropriate, or to show the premises to prospective purchasers or Leaseholders. Leaseholder shall not assign this agreement or sublet the premises in whole or part without written permission of agent.
- Pets: Unless otherwise specifically permitted in this agreement, no pets shall be allowed on the premises. Sloane Realty Vacations and the homeowner only allow dogs in its pet friendly designated properties. There is a limit of 2 house-trained dogs per property. A one-time, nonrefundable fee will be charged per pet. Absolutely no other type of animal is allowed on the premises either inside the property or on the grounds of the property. Mobility, visually, or hearing impaired persons must show a tag issued by the N.C. Department of Human Resources, or upon showing that the dog is trained as an assistance dog, may have a pet in a "no pet" property. Rental guests may be required to pay for exterminating and/or extraordinary cleaning fees if applicable. Leaseholder's breach of this provision shall be considered material, and shall result in the termination of Leaseholder's tenancy, and a charge to address carpet cleaning, pest control and any other remediation concerns.
- Check In/Check Out: KEYLESS ENTRY: Most of our properties have keyless entry. Where applicable, the guest pin code will be emailed to the Leaseholder on file at a date close to the arrival. Leaseholder agrees check in time is no earlier than 4 p.m. unless otherwise agreed to in writing. Agent will use commercially reasonable efforts to have the premises ready for leaseholder's occupancy at check in time, but agent cannot guarantee the exact time of occupancy. Check out is at 10 a.m. - no exception will be made. All properties must be vacated and keys/pool fobs returned to Sloane Realty Vacations no later than 10 a.m. on the date of your departure to avoid any fees. Special instructions with how to check out from the property will be provided prior to departure. We ask that you carefully follow this important procedure to avoid any fees or interruptions at departure.
- Departure Cleaning/Linens: Departure cleaning is provided upon check-out and is included in the rental rate quoted. This cleaning is basic cleaning and refunds will not be made if cleaning is unsatisfactory to the arriving guest. Sloane Realty Vacations will, however, send a housekeeping team ASAP to correct any cleaning discrepancy. Every property is inspected prior to check-in and after check-out and you may be billed if extraordinary cleaning is required. As one of our guests, you may request a mid-week cleaning with prior notice of 48 hours. A fee for mid-week cleaning will be charged prior to service.
- Taxes: At the time of this document writing, North Carolina sales tax is 6.75% and the Town of Ocean Isle Beach and/or Sunset Beach Occupancy Tax is 6% for a total of 12.75% which is added to all rentals of 90 days or less. Leaseholder is responsible for paying all applicable taxes in effect on date of check in.
- Maintenance: Sloane Realty Vacations makes every effort to ensure that all of the following amenities are in good working order, such as but not limited to: swimming pools, hot tubs, spas, whirlpools, Jacuzzis, elevators, entertainment equipment, Internet or Cable service, HVAC, electrical, mechanical, and appliances. No refunds or discounts will be made in the event they are inoperable during your stay. Every reasonable effort will be made to coordinate the repair/replacement of any inoperable items. To do so, Sloane Realty Vacations reserves the right to enter the premises, or send a third party vendor during reasonable hours. Guests use any of these amenities at their own risk. Please contact our office immediately to report any malfunctions.
- Pools and Hot Tubs: Swimming pools and hot tubs are listed in the property description if they are available. The hours of operation and seasonal availability for swimming pools (especially in private subdivisions or condominium complexes) is at the sole discretion of the Homeowner's Association and/or complex manager. Swimming pools are generally available for use from Memorial Day to Labor Day, and are privately maintained through a third party that is unaffiliated with agent. A select few private homes do offer heated swimming pools. These heated swimming pools are not automatically heated. Pools may be heated with advance request and a daily fee will be charged for no less than the entire duration of the stay. Typically, the pool must be heated for a full 24 hours to ensure reasonable temperatures. Charges will apply to this first day of heating regardless if the pool is ready for swimming. Please contact us at least 48 hours in advance to heat the pool. Heating is typically available from mid-October until mid-May; however, this is left up to the discretion of the individual homeowner. Children under 12 are not permitted in hot tubs.
- Lost and Found: Although we cannot be held responsible for items left behind, we do make every effort to locate and return them to you. Contact our office and items found will be sent by USPS unless otherwise arranged. A $25 handling fee will added to the cost of the shipping/freight charges. Unclaimed items will be donated to local charities after thirty days.
- Individually Owned Homes and Condos: Every home and condo we manage is privately owned and reflects each owner's personal taste. Rental rates are usually based on location, amenities, and quality of furnishings. We make every effort to represent each home as realistically as possible with regard to space, physical condition, and comparisons. If you have specific personal requirements, please discuss these with your reservationist. We will not be able to make any substitution or refunds upon arrival. Interior photos may be viewed on line at www.sloanevacations.com or download the Sloane Realty Vacations App in the Apple or Android App Store.
- Errors and Omissions: The homeowner and Sloane Realty Vacations will make every effort to accurately represent the property. However, we cannot be held responsible for changes made by homeowner, nature, publishing errors and no refunds will be given.
- Other Terms and Conditions: IN WITNESS THEREOF: This agreement is a legally binding contract. If not understood, seek competent advice. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the law of the State of North Carolina. This Agreement shall be treated as though it was executed in the County of Brunswick, State of North Carolina, and was to have been performed in the County of Brunswick, State of North Carolina. Any action relating to the Agreement shall be instituted and prosecuted in courts in North Carolina. Customer/Leaseholder(s) specifically consent to such jurisdiction and to extraterritorial service of process. Amendments to this Agreement must be in writing and signed by all parties. This agreement represents the entire Agreement of the parties, and there are no misrepresentations, inducements or other provisions other than those contained in the Agreement.
VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT ADDENDUM
You will need to sign and return the Agreement immediately and make arrangements for payment no later than the due date listed on your Vacation Rental Agreement. No reminder will be sent! Should you need additional time or have financial considerations, special arrangements can be made by discussing this with our reservation staff. If no payment for other notification is received by the due date, the reservation will be canceled. A valid credit card number is required to be held on file, regardless of your payment type, and is prefer red at time of booking.
While reviewing your Vacation Rental Agreement, carefully read the optional travel insurance program offered, Trip Preserver Travel Plan by Red Sky Insurance. It is especially important to return the signed Vacation Rental Agreement, noting your acceptance or declination of this offer, by the due date of your first deposit. Failure to submit your signed contract will result in full payment of rent and all optional fees, including Travel Insurance.
Sloane Realty Vacations does not require a separate security deposit or a security damage waiver fee in addition to the rent. Under the Accidental Protection Plan (APP), you will not be required to pay for accidental damage to the home or the personal property of the owner contained within the Premises, up to a limit of .00 per reservation; Sloane Realty Vacations has under taken this obligation as par t of our Property Management Agreement with the owner. Please review the complete terms of this policy later in this agreement.
If your property states "Blue Ribbon", the homeowner of your vacation home has provided bed linens and towels for you as an extra special amenity. If Blue Ribbon is not mentioned in your description, you can elect to reserve this amenity package through the enclosed for m or our concierge service. Otherwise, bed and bath linens are not provided and should be brought to the home. Upon your arrival, your vacation rental will be equipped with an amenity starter kit. You will have one roll of paper towels, one roll of toilet paper per bathroom and dish soap. This will get your vacation started! Once again, thank you for selecting Sloane Realty Vacations for all of your vacation needs. We look forward to warmly greeting you upon your arrival to our island.
INCLUDED IN YOUR RENT IS OUR ACCIDENTAL PROTECTION PROGRAM (APP).
Sloane Realty Vacations does not require a separate security deposit or a security damage waiver fee in addition to the rent. Under APP you will not be required to pay for accidental damage to the home or the personal property of the owner contained within the Premises, up to a limit of $1,500.00 per reservation; Sloane Realty Vacations has undertaken this obligation as part of our Property Management Agreement with the owner. APP is not insurance, nor should it be interpreted as such. All of our homes include the APP.
Unreported damages, non-accidental damages, excluded damages or damages exceeding .00 will be the sole responsibility of the Tenant. The APP does not in any way negate your responsibility as Tenant. The cost of repairs attributable to the Tenant or Tenant's invitees due to intentional acts, willful misconduct, gross negligence, abuse of the property, violation of the lease terms, or pets will not be paid under the APP and remain the responsibility of the Tenant.
Damage must be reported to Sloane Realty Vacations prior to checkout time. The APP applies only to loss or damage to the leased premises and its contents. The applicability of the APP to damaged property, any determination of the extent of damage and any determination of the cost of repairs to damaged property shall be the sole and absolute discretion of Sloane Realty Vacations. The Tenant remains subject to all obligations imposed by the North Carolina Vacation Rental Act.
We want to help you relax while on vacation with our Accidental Protection Program so if accidental damage occurs, just give us a call.
TRAVEL INSURANCE: TRIP Preserver™ TRAVEL PLAN
Don't Wait or It Will Be Too Late! Why You Need the Trip Preserver™? Travel Plan offered by Red Sky Insurance
COVER YOUR INVESTMENT
As with any vacation, unexpected situations sometimes occur that can put a damper on even the best-planned trips. This coverage helps cover your investment due to weather, extension of school year, loss of job, car trouble, and a medical or family emergency, which can cause you to cancel or interrupt your vacation, forfeiting any non-refundable charges made for your trip.
PROTECT AGAINST THE UNEXPECTED
Hurricanes, illness and plenty more can spoil a vacation. Trip Preserver? vacation rental insurance provides the most complete protection for guests.
- Trip Cancellation
- Trip Interruption
- Maximum $100,000
- Covered reasons include: sickness, injury or death, Mandatory evacuation, Inaccessibility and inhabitability due to hurricane. Involuntary termination of employment or transfer of employment, uninhabitability of principal place of residence, extension of school year
- Trip Delay
- $750 ($200/day)
- Coverage provides reimbursement for reasonable additional accommodations and travel expenses if you are delayed 12 hours or more due to carrier caused delay, inclement weather, strike or natural disaster.
- Emergency Accident & Sickness
- Medical Expense $25,000
- Coverage provides for emergency transportation expenses to the nearest hospital by air or land ambulances and if insured is hospitalized for more than 7 days, round trip economy airfare for a companion to visit.
- Emergency Medical evacuation
- Coverage provides for emergency transportation expenses to the nearest hospital by air or land ambulances and if insured is hospitalized
- for more than 7 days, round trip economy airfare for a companion to visit.
- Baggage Delay
- $1000 ($200/day)
- Coverage provides for emergency purchase of necessary personal effects if baggage is delayed more than 12 hours.
- The list of coverage is extensive and may be viewed or discussed by contacting Red Sky directly at (866) 889-7409.
TRAVEL INSURANCE: TRIP Preserver™ TRAVEL PLAN, COVER YOUR INVESTMENT
With the Trip Preserver™ Travel Plan, you have coverage for your investment, and are protected against the unexpected. Trip Preserver™ also assists with emergency medical transportation, accidental death and dismemberment, illness, hurricane evacuation and other travel delays that can disrupt your vacation plans, and worldwide travel assistance. For a complete description of coverage and benefits, please call (866) 889-7409. Coverage is underwritten by Arch Insurance Company (a Missouri corporation, NAIC #11150) with the executive offices located in New York, NY. Coverage is subject to actual policy language and is administered by Red Sky Travel Insurance Company. Sloane Realty Vacations has no authority to determine coverage.
- CHECK-IN INFORMATION/TIME - Check-in begins at 4:00 p.m. Please make sure that you have your confirmation upon arrival. If you are vacationing on Ocean Isle Beach: The check-in office is located at 16 Causeway Drive, the second office building located on the right once crossing over the bridge onto Ocean Isle Beach. If you are vacationing on Sunset Beach or Sunset Beach area golf course: The check-in office is located at 420 Sunset Boulevard S, the first office building located on the right once crossing over the bridge on to Sunset Beach. Please plan your trip accordingly, as keys cannot be released until home is cleaned and inspected. Occasionally, we may need the hours of 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. to perform additional cleaning or maintenance. No check-in will be permitted until your rental account has been paid in full, including all taxes and other fees. Upon check-in, you will be issued 2 keys to your rental property and any necessary passes that are requested by any condominium management group.
- EARLY BIRD CHECK-IN - A limited number of 2:00 p.m. check-ins are offered for those rental guests with special arrival needs. The fee for the service is $75. You will be notified if we will be unable to provide the services so that you may plan your trip accordingly.
- AFTER HOURS CHECK-IN - Should you arrive after our office is closed, your keys will be left in a lock box outside of our office. Please call in advance for the combination code to the lock box. Your keys along with directions will be left in a marked envelope. No late check-ins will be granted if there is a balance on your reservation.
- DEPARTURE CLEANING SERVICE - Departure cleaning is provided upon check-out and is included in the rental rate quoted. This cleaning is basic cleaning and refunds will not be made if cleaning is unsatisfactory to the arriving guest. Sloane Realty Vacations will, however, send a housekeeping team ASAP to correct the cleaning discrepancy. Every property is inspected prior to check-in and after check-out and you may be billed if extraordinary cleaning is required. As one of our guests, you may request a mid-week cleaning with prior notice of 48 hours. A fee for mid-week cleaning will be charged prior to service.
- OFFICE HOURS - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., on Sunday. From Memorial Day to Labor Day weekend, our office is open until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and until 8 p.m. on Saturdays.
- SAME TIME NEXT YEAR - Tentative Reservations for Next Year As a courtesy to our repeat guests, you are given the first opportunity to re-rent the same home or condo for the corresponding week next year. Confirmed guests can make a tentative reservation for the next year anytime during the year up through the first Wednesday of their stay. We open next year`s reservations to the public on that Wednesday evening at time of office closing. Tentative reservations can be made online or through a reservationist. To ensure proper service for our arriving guests, advance reservations can only be made online on Saturdays between Memorial Day and Labor Day. There is a $75 non-refundable holding fee required per week for each reservation to tentatively reserve for the next year. This fee does not apply toward rental costs and is not transferable if you later decide to switch to another home. A rental contract will be mailed in late December once rates and availability are established with each owner. Corresponding weeks for the following year are defined by property manager.
- METHOD OF PAYMENT - The rates quoted are cash prices only. For reservations made more than 30 days prior to arrival, we accept personal checks, money orders, certified funds, MasterCard, Visa or Discover Card. For reservations made less than 30 days prior to arrival, only certified funds, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Card are accepted and must be paid in full prior to arrival. No personal checks are accepted if arriving within 30 days. Remember that your final payment is due in full 30 days prior to arrival. A valid credit card number in the leaseholder's name is required to be held on file, regardless of your payment type, and is required at time of booking. A property will not be held out of inventory without a deposit securing the reservation to be placed on hold. Accepted forms of payment are in U.S. funds only.
- TAXES - At the time of this document writing, North Carolina sales tax is 6.75% and the Town of Ocean Isle Beach and/or Sunset Beach Occupancy Tax is 6% for a total of 12.75% which is added to all rentals of 90 days or less. Guests are responsible for paying all applicable taxes in full prior to checking in. Taxes will be disbursed upon check-out.
- CANCELLATIONS - If your reservation must be cancelled, for any reason; all money paid will be forfeited unless the home or condo is re-rented for the entire cancelled period and for the full rental amount. If re-rented, monies will be refunded less the reservation fee and a cancellation fee of $150. In the event of cancellation, any fee charged by a third party online booking service cannot be refunded to Leaseholder by Manager.
- MAY I BRING MY PET? - Search for pet friendly homes on our website or app to find vacation homes that do allow pets. Please note that the majority of our homes do not allow pets. A one-time, non refundable pet fee will be charged per pet for the vacation homes that do allow pets. Mobility, visually, or hearing impaired persons must show a tag issued by the N.C. Department of Human Resources, or upon showing that the dog is trained as an assistance dog, may have a pet in a "no pet" property. Rental guests may be required to pay for exterminating and/or extraordinary cleaning fees. The Towns of Ocean Isle Beach and Sunset Beach have a leash law and a "pooper-scooper" law that is strictly enforced. Pet owners must clean up after their pets. If you have not reserved a pet friendly property, no pets are allowed on the premises (inside or out). If a pet is reported or there is evidence thereof a fine will be assessed to the leaseholder and pet must immediately be removed from the premises.
- LIMITED OCCUPANCY - The vacation property should not be used or occupied by more than the maximum number of occupants including family, children and tenant's guests. Exceeding occupancy will result in eviction and rent forfeiture, as well as a possible fine. PARKING may be limited so plan your vehicles carefully. Guests' parking is prohibited on the road right of ways or overnight in public parking areas. Parking violations are enforced by the Towns of OIB and Sunset Beach.
- BLUE RIBBON/LINEN READY PROPERTIES - Homes and condos designated as "Linen Ready" offer the extra amenity of linens and towels INCLUDED in the rental rate. It's our extra special way of saying "thank you" for being our guest! All beds are made upon your arrival with a towel and washcloth set supplied per person. These homes have lightened your packing!
- LEAVE THE PACKING TO US - Other than our Linen Ready properties, homes and condos are NOT supplied with linens and towels. But don't despair, we offer rentals with FREE DELIVERY & PICKUP through our concierge services. Linens, towels, beach towels, cribs, highchairs, beach chairs, umbrellas, beach carts, bicycles, gas grills and other amenities are available. Please book your requirements at least 20 days prior to arrival to ensure availability.
- GRILLING - Ocean Isle Beach and Sunset Beach law prohibits grilling on the decks and balconies of rental properties. Grilling is permitted only on concrete surfaces away from wooded areas or structures. If the owner provides a grill, rental guest is responsible for the cleaning and supply of charcoal or gas.
- TELEPHONE/INTERNET/CABLE SERVICE - Most homes are equipped with telephones and cable service. Please review the description of the home you choose to confirm access. Some homes offer unlimited long distance for your convenience; other homes have a long distance block in place. Unauthorized long distance calling and ordering of cable movies or shows will result in $25 fine in addition to any costs incurred by the homeowner. These charges will be assessed on the leaseholder's credit card without notice. Some homes provide complimentary high-speed Internet access. Internet, phone, and cable outages can occur and are beyond our control. Upon notification, we will contact the specific Provider to report any outages. No refunds or adjustments will be made due to outages.
- MAINTENANCE - Sloane Realty Vacations makes every effort to ensure that all of the following amenities are in good working order, such as but not limited to: swimming pools, hot tubs, spas, whirlpools, Jacuzzis, elevators, televisions, DVDs, Blu-ray players, Internet service, HVAC, and appliances. No refunds or discounts will be made in the event they are inoperable during your stay. Every effort will be made to coordinate the repair/replacement of any inoperable items. To do so, Sloane Realty Vacations reserves the right to enter the premises, or send a third party vendor during reasonable hours. Guests use any of these amenities at their own risk. Please contact our office immediately to report any malfunctions.
- SEASONAL USE OF SWIMMING POOLS AND FIREPLACES - Swimming pools and fireplaces are listed in the property description if they are available. Please note that fireplaces are not available for use during the months of May through September. The hours of operation and seasonal availability for swimming pools (especially in private subdivisions or condominium complexes) is at the sole discretion of the Homeowner's Association and/or complex manager. Swimming pools are generally available for use from Memorial Day to Labor Day. A select few private homes do offer heated swimming pools. These heated swimming pools are not automatically heated. They can be heated for an additional heating cost of $50 per day and on request only. Typically, the pool must be heated for a full 24 hours to ensure reasonable temperatures. Charges will apply to this first day of heating regardless if the pool is ready for swimming. Please contact us at least 24 hours in advance to heat the pool. Heating is typically available from mid-October until mid-May; however, this is left up to the discretion of the individual homeowner. Please inquire at time of booking whether this service will be available.
- FURNISHINGS - All vacation properties are set up for light housekeeping and cooking. All beds are provided with pillows, mattress pads and bedspreads. Guests should bring all paper products, cleaning supplies, condiments, staple items, bed and bath linens. Blue Ribbon or Linen Ready homes do not require any bed and bath linens, but please bring beach towels. Linen service is available for an additional fee in any of our properties and should be reserved in advance.
- TOWN LAWS - Town laws prohibit campfires, overnight camping, and glass of any kind along the beach. Additionally, the town of Ocean Isle Beach prohibits camping vehicles (except when used for transportation only). No sleeping in vehicles or campers. Parking shall not exceed seven (7) days. Pedestrian access areas to the ocean are located about every 1,000 feet. These assigned areas sometimes offer public parking. However, no parking is allowed overnight. BEACH EQUIPMENT: The Town of Ocean Isle Beach prohibits the use of cabanas, canopies, tents, or awnings on the beach at anytime. Sunset Beach and Ocean Isle Beach require all personal items must be removed from the strand at the end of each day. Any personal items left unattended between 7:00 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. will be removed and disposed of by the town. Failure to comply with this ordinance will result in a civic penalty of $50 for each offense.
- MESSAGES, MAIL & FAX - Telephone messages may be received through our office. However, only emergency messages will be delivered. Mail may be sent to our office at 16 Causeway Drive, Ocean Isle Beach, NC 28469. If you are staying on Sunset Beach, please use the address at 420 Sunset Boulevard South Sunset Beach, NC 28468. Please check with the office for pick-up. Faxes may be sent and received via our office (910) 579-7848 (OIB) or (910) 579-6504 (SB). Sloane Realty shall not be held responsible for messages, faxes, or mail that is lost or not received for guest notification.
- LOST & FOUND - Although we cannot be held responsible for items left behind, we do make every effort to locate and return them to you. Contact our office and items found will be sent by USPS unless otherwise arranged. A $25 handling fee will added to the cost of the shipping/freight charges. Unclaimed items will be donated to local charities after thirty days.
- INDIVIDUALLY OWNED HOMES AND CONDOS - Every home and condo we manage is privately owned and reflects each owner's personal taste. Rental rates are usually based on location, amenities, and quality of furnishings. We make every effort to represent each home as realistically as possible with regard to space, physical condition, and comparisons. If you have specific personal requirements, please discuss these with your reservationist. We will not be able to make substitution or refunds upon arrival. Interior photos may be viewed on line at www.sloanevacations.com or download the Sloane Realty Vacations App in the Apple or Android App Store.
WHAT TO PACK
- Laundry and dish detergents
- Food and condiments
- Any specialty cooking items you may need
- Toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, etc.
- Dish towels & cloths
- Credit cards, cash or
- Traveler's checks (personal checks may not be accepted at all locations)
- Bed linens and bath towels
- (unless ?Blue Ribbon?)
- Personal toiletries
- Medications and prescriptions
- Cleaning supplies
- Beach and fishing equipment
- bug spray
- suntan lotion and beach towels
- Camera and film to capture the
- memories of a lifetime
- Baby equipment (if not specified-in brochure)
- Alarm clock, if you need on
Thank you for choosing Sloane Realty Vacations for your vacation
Please allow 24 hours for us to review your booking request. Once verified, you will receive a Vacation Rental Agreement via email which will serve as your confirmation.