Sloane Realty Vacations, a premier vacation rental company in Ocean Isle Beach, has a career opportunity for a Director of Housekeeping position. The Housekeeping Director is responsible for the leadership of the housekeeping department and the team members within. Department Manager will ensure that each vacation rental unit is cleaned and inspected in accordance with the company’s standards for quantity, cleanliness, quality, guest satisfaction, and safety and security standards put forth by the management company.
- Retain and develop personnel to ensure continual improvements
- Coordinate and manage all training development programs to keep personnel aware of our expectations in all aspects of housekeeping techniques.
- Hiring of seasonal employees.
- Coordinate seasonal deep cleans
- Create weekly schedules for cleaners, inspectors, laundry and drivers
- Work with management team to maintain continuity between departments
- Evaluate and improve systems and training on an routine basis
- Communicate with homeowners and address any concerns
- Process payroll and submit to Accounting Department
- Manage billing for services and housekeeping related work to properties on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Manage laundry facility and staff
- Maintain supplies and budgets for materials and supplies
What we’re looking for:
- An outstanding ability to successfully coach and mentor over 100 housekeepers and inspectors
- A strong ability to multi-task, assisting with managing the cleaning and inspecting of 300+ vacation homes on a weekly basis
- Ability to manage problems with a solution-minded focus.
- An ability to communicate effectively with homeowners and guests in a professional and timely manner
- Previous management of employees, preferably in a hospitality, or commercial cleaning environment
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Excel and property management software is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and database management systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team oriented personality
- Proven ability to operate under pressure
- 2 years related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Excellent pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, Paid Time Off and retirement plan offered.
Candidate must be available to work every Saturday from May through October and be available for after-hours emergencies.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Housekeeping Management: 1 year (Preferred)